12.29.2013

Secret knitting

I always knit my kids Christmas gifts in secret.  
Sometimes they will request a certain item, sometimes I will come up with it on my own, but one thing is for sure, they will be surprised when they open it.
I will knit while they are in gymnastics class & when they come out for a water break, I will quickly shove whatever I am working on in my knitting bag and throw another project on top of it.  And of course there are always the late nights. Knitting away while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads.

This year my youngest wanted a stuffed cow.  I bought the pattern Milk Cow by Susan B. Anderson and knit it up using Cascade 220.


 One of my favorite details was the udder!



She loved it!



My oldest daughter saw me knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for my Mother and then wanter her own.
Pattern: Nalu Mitts

For my daughter I was inspired by the song "What does the fox say?" and
 this pattern.  If you have kids, chances are you have heard the 'fox song' once or maybe a few dozen times.
I added a thumb & opted to only add 1 fox by duplicate stitching it on at the end.  I used some yarn that I had on hand. Dream in Color Starry, has a nice sparkle to it & looks like tinsel has been woven in.  
She wore them all Christmas day.







No comments:

Post a Comment